Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Fire Within

Fall is finally arriving and it never fails that once we start waking up to those cool mornings with the temps in the 50’s, my boys become fascinated with being able to see their breath. The moment we walk out the door headed to school, the excitement hits them. “Dad I can see my breath!” “Look Dad, I’m blowing smoke like a dragon” “I need a jacket Dad it’s so cold my breath is freezing!” I try to explain the science; when you inhale your body temperature warms the air which causes the moisture to condense when you exhale as the warm air hits the cold air all around you. Your breath is always there, but you can only see it when the conditions are right. Like most kids they aren’t interested in the science behind it, they just like running around pretending they have the power to shoot fire out of their faces. “Look Dad I can blow smoke out of my nose!”

Like my children I also find myself waking up with excitement at what I see each morning; The bright yellow sun lighting a brilliant blue sky; Parents kissing their children on the tops of their head and hustling them into school; Joggers running up and down the sidewalks trying to stay in shape; People everywhere beginning a brand new day. When the conditions are right though I find myself looking through all of the happenings and marveling at what else I see…a promise kept by a Man sent from Heaven to save the World. And just like my boys who I hope never get bored with seeing smoke come from their noses, I pray I never become blind to the sight of Jesus working his magic in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment