Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday On My Mind

I don't really have anything on my mind this week, but it's been a while since I laid down on the psychiatrist's couch so I thought I'd get on here and babble away. Not even sure where to start, but anxiety seems like a good enough place. After a couple years of taking blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol meds, I've been given the okay to stop. By watching what I eat and exercise, I've managed to control my various levels without taking a hundred pills a day. Of course what better way to celebrate this major victory then by spraining my right ankle for the second time in 2 years.

The ever revolving circle of sports continues with basketball ending and baseball beginning. Adam's team ended with an amazing 12-0 record which acted like a defibrillator for his confidence. After only winning 1 game in 2 years of baseball and a so/so soccer season, basketball was a blessing. Now Mandy & I prepare to spread ourselves even thinner as we enter our first dual child season. Alex will start T-ball this year along with Adam playing baseball. It's going to be tough on us all, but the benefits of sports are invaluable. The lessons learned about teamwork, about never giving up no matter how down you are, about being the best version of you through practice are all just too important to miss.  That being said, I do admit to a large surge of anxiety whenever I stop to think about Alex getting on the field for the first time. I don't recall having these same concerns with Adam, though I'm sure I did to some degree. My children are so different...

Adam is really starting to look like his mother yet sadly has been cursed with my sensitivity...my apprehensiveness. He spends long hours worrying about things outside of his control. He scars easily and sulks like a kicked puppy at times. Meanwhile Alex looks exactly like me, but acts like his momma. Talk about a firecracker. After 18 years together I still have a hard time predicting her actions and reactions. The same holds true with Lex; one minute he's curled up in my lap acting all sweet and the next he's chasing the cat around the house just for the fun of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment