Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

Last night was Halloween and as is the tradition we spent it at the Henson's house along with the Jacksons. I can't remember a Halloween without them. As a whole we've had our bumps in the road this year, but seemed to have survived. Life gets so complicated and messy at times. 

On the way there Adam asked what would things be like without these two families in our lives; after a bit of thought he concluded it would be a very sad place and decided not to think about it any further. I completely understand and pray we stay close to both families the rest of our lives. 

The holiday went by without any major happenings although Adam at 10 is ready to ditch us and go out with friends his own age. I understand he's getting older but my heart doesn't like it. I started writing because I was terrified of becoming a 1st time father and now a decade later the calendar is my worst enemy as each new day sees him becoming more independent. 

Alex on the other hand is perfectly fine being 6 and promises to never stop sleeping in our bed. We certainly may see a time when we are simultaneously begging Adam to stay in the nest and praying Alex will at least take a tiny step out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment