Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving Traditions

Finally have a minute to stop and ingest all the goings on from this past week. Thanksgiving tends to come and go in terms of how high it ranks on my favorite holiday list, but these last few days have been such a blessing.  We have some holiday traditions that always remain unchanged; waking up at 6:00 A.M. to go get Mandy a newspaper, coming back to a hot cup of coffee while watching the Macy's parade with the boys, checking out all the sale papers. Later on in the afternoon Mandy leaves to do holiday shoping while the boys and I watch movies into the early hours of the morning.  

For some I suppose the food surrounding Thanksgiving plays a major part, but for me the true blessing of the holiday is the four days off with my family. Laughing, playing games, putting up Christmas decorations.....yes I love a good turkey with all the fixings (22 lbs this year), but I'd be just as happy with pizza as long as my family is there to share it with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment