Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Between the hours of....

I don't talk about work much in this arena. Some of that is because I never know who is reading my stuff and I worry about the consequences of casting my place of employment in a negative light. The biggest reason I never talk about it though is that there's rarely anything to discuss. Simply put I have the Chandler Bing of jobs. It pays good, it's close to home, decent benefits, and I'm a pro at it, but very few people know what I actually do. That being said I'm not chasing down criminals all night or teaching the youth of today quantum physics or pulling apart an engine out of a Mustang GT. I'm in accounting. I stare at spread sheets and debate their meanings all day. Yes it can be challenging at times. Yes there are also office politics involved. No I can't see myself doing anything different. I go in at 8:00 a.m,lunch at 12:30, and leave at 5:00 p.m. I have good days and bad days, but after all is said and done life for me is what happens when I'm not at work. My family and friends. Laughing, enjoying each others time, learning how to be a better father, son, and friend. I'm fortunate to have a good job. My job isn't who I am though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment