Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Tramps like us

The boys got a trampoline from Pops for their birthday and have been jumping for two days straight. I've never spent much time on one and honestly, I just don't get the appeal of bouncing up and down and up and down. Bouncing over here and bouncing over there. "Look Dad! I'm bouncing!" This goes on for hours and hours. Adam started calling it tramp time. "Hey Dad, tonight before bed can I get a little tramp time?" Which is a really creepy thing to hear your 11 yr old say. I guess things could be worse; at least all of this tramp talk is getting them off their tablets.

"WHAT?!?! I can't go to bed yet, I've not been on my tablet?!?!?!?"

I hear this at least twice a week. What a first world problem to have; how dare you send me to bed without letting me stare at some idiot who posted a video online of himself playing video games. When I was kid the only time we watched other people play video games was when there were three kids around and only two controllers. The kid whose house you were at was sure to get one so one of us other two were just out of luck. That's how you knew who he liked best; the one he gave the other controller to was his best friend. It's like what happens every week on the Bachelor, except instead of a rose you got an Atari controller and a chance to play Pac-man while the other kid just had to sit like a dope and act like he wasn't crying inside. "It's alright...I uh I got to play last time...you go ahead man, I'm kinda bored with it anyway. I'll just watch. Help you strategize from the sideline."

The second they had to go to bathroom though you were all over it. You'd be trying to make folks drink. "Man it's hot in here. You thirsty? Need a snack? I got some pretzels at home, I could go get them if you want some."  Sitting behind them making that noise that sounds like dripping water when you hold your mouth right and thump your throat. The other kid's just holding it in, breaking out in a cold sweat, doubled over saying "I don't have to pee! This is how I sit!"

Adam was sitting there the other day and started shouting out "He's live! Dave is live! Where's he at? He's live! I can't find him. He's in the meow world! I can't find him!" Alex came running from the other room "Find him!! Find Dave!" The neighbors probably think Dave is our cat and we lost him last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment